This component is developed as a SharePoint Framework Web-part to capture and store the comments. The web part can be used as replacement for the out-of-box comments box that is available in SharePoint Online. You can disable the out-of-box comments and this web-part to a page, save it as a template and you can start creating the pages based on the template.
- Comments classification by Popular, Newest, Oldest and Attachments
- Support for sharing images, document, videos.
- Options like Edit, Reply (nested comments) & Delete are available.
- You can like the comments shared.
- You can make use of Hashtag & Ping Users.
- You can make use of Document Preview feature to view the files and videos shared in the comments.
- New icon will be displayed based on the current day’s comments
There are few properties associated with this web-part which gives you full control on the features, you shall be able to enable or disable features based on the configuration. Below are the properties that are configurable
- Date Time format on when the comments were added or modified
- Profile Picture style, whether it has to be rounded or square
- Enable or Disable Navigation whether to display the comments classification
- Enable or disable Attachments. Following properties are required when attachments are enabled
- Library to store the files uploaded.
- Allowed File Formats in the comments box.
- Maximum File Size allowed.
- Ping Users will allow to mention the users. The users are pulled from the Site Users.
- Edit comments can be enabled or disabled to allow the users to edit the comments. Files added can be deleted not edited.
- Delete option can be enabled or disabled to allow the users to delete the comments. Comments with no-replies are allowed to delete. Delete is allowed only if Edit is allowed.
- Up voting of comments to like or dislike the comments.
- Document Preview can be enabled or disabled for the office files and videos.
Below is a short video presented in the SharePoint Framework community call.
The above web-part is shared with the community and is of free to use. Please click the below link to download the code and have fun.